Welcome to the Data Science blended learning portal for Humanities and Social Sciences students. This portal provides teachers and students with a collection of freely available educational material to set up or expand their introductory data science course or MOOC. The material is targeted at non-technical students. Students acquire their data science skills by means of (elementary) Python scripts, through a visual interactive interface for data mining called Orange, or by means of WEKA. The portal contains the following components.
- Six video lectures introducing data science (about 1 hour each)
- Video testimonials of data scientists working in various domains
- Video tutorials for Orange
- Video tutorials for WEKA
- Lecture slides for a gentle introduction to data science based on Orange or WEKA
- Hands-on exercises for practising data-science skills in Orange or WEKA
- Study material for acquiring basic Python skills
- Datasets commonly used in introductory data science courses
All our material can be freely used under the Creative Commons licence CC BY-SA, except for external material to which this portal provides links.
The development of this portal was made possible by SURF.